Thirty percent of Stockholm is made up of waterways, so a boat tour is an ideal way to explore. From centrally located Riddarfjarden Bay to the expansive Stockholm archipelago, here are a few ways to explore the Swedish capital from the water.
- Explore the waterways and landmarks at your own pace with a hop-on hop-off boat tour.
- Admire top attractions such as Djurgarden, Kungsholmen, Sodermalm Island, and Gamla Stan (the Old Town) from the waves.
- Sail out into the Stockholm archipelago aboard a yacht to visit uninhabited islands.
- Have a thrill aboard a high-speed rigid-inflatable boat (RIB) and zoom over the water in the archipelago.
- Cruises typically last from one to three hours, with longer tours running a full day.
Fifteen bridges connect the central islands of Stockholm's archipelago, and there’s no better way to admire the city’s skyline than with a sightseeing cruise. Travel from Stromkajen to the picture-perfect Old Town (Gamla Stan); take in the islands of Lilla, Sodermalm, and Stora Essingen; or admire the woodlands and parks of Djurgarden from the water. Hop-on hop-off cruises allow travelers to explore in style, while thrill-seekers should opt for a high-speed boat tour along the urban waterfront and into the archipelago.
Wind your way through the archipelago aboard an elegant yacht, exploring the beautiful bays and straits for which Stockholm is famous. Some tours include time for swimming, exploring the region’s uninhabited islands, or instruction on the basics of navigation, charts, and compass reading. No experience is necessary to enjoy a sailing tour in Stockholm, and all equipment is provided.
Enjoy panoramic city views from the water as you paddle along Stockholm’s central waterways past top sights such as Old Town, Kungsholmen, Riddarholm Church, and Sodermalm Island. Alternatively, head off the beaten path to remote spots in the archipelago to immerse yourself in the rugged beauty of coastal Sweden. Kayaking trips are suitable for novice and experienced paddlers alike, and all equipment is provided.