Kayaking in the Everglades
By Viator, February 2018
- Kayak through one of the largest mangrove forests in North America.
- Get up-close views of alligators, ducks, otters, manatees, turtles, and other Everglades animals, and learn about their habits from a certified naturalist.
- Take a boat ride through remote areas of Everglades National Park and admire a wide variety of plants and wildlife.
- Get out of your kayak and into the water to explore alligator holes and cypress domes.
- Paddle into the salt water of Florida Bay.
- Spend three days kayaking in the Everglades and camping on secluded islands.
- No prior kayaking experience is necessary for most tours.
- All safety gear and camping equipment are provided for camping tours.
- By road, Everglades National Park is about 40 minutes from Naples, 90 minutes from Fort Myers, and 90 minutes from Miami.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off is generally not included; you need to make your way to the Everglades on your own.
- For half-day kayaking trips, morning and afternoon departures are available.