Ways to Experience Maasai Culture in Arusha
By Viator, August 2018
- Learn to identify native birds, animal tracks, and local plant life from a Maasai guide in Tarangire National Park.
- Shop for traditional Maasai arts and crafts in the markets of Mto wa Mbu village.
- Visit Maasai communities, also known as bomas, living alongside African wildlife within Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
- Join in a traditional dance—typically a rite of passage for Maasai warriors—and observe a local show off their fire-making skills.
- Explore the landscapes that have served as the homeland for the Maasai, including Lake Natron.
Tours & Tickets
Arrive at the parks gate at Tarangire and after your driver has sorted out the paperwork you start game drives almost straightaway form the gate in a bid to ... Read more
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Duration: 2 days (approx.)